September 2, 2014 by Terry
The other day I decided I was not inspired by anything in my garage and that I was going to go shopping for new projects to work on. Well… that trip was a complete fail! While I did come across many good finds, they weren’t “great” finds. Clearly this was a “sign” that I should just work on the things I already have instead of adding to my pile in the garage.
On my way home I decided to stop and browse the fabric store. Turns out I didn’t need new furniture projects for inspiration, looking at fabric and the possibility of transforming a chair with it was enough to finally get me going!
I was looking for something fresh and cheerful … this is what I decided on
I decided that my little blue French find should have this for her new dress. The old one had far too many buttons and was all stained up…
I started by removing all the fabric and gave all the wood 2 quick coats of milk paint (with a hint of bonding agent) in the color linen. I finished it with some light distressing and I decided to dry brush some chocolate stain over her curves. I’m low on dark wax so this was a quick alternative. Any place that may have gotten too much stain was easy to fix by sanding it out. I finished it off with a generous coat of clear wax which I let set overnight before buffing it smooth.
Linking up to: