July 26, 2014 by Terry
So…Orange used in the right way can be very nice…on this chair though…not so much!
She has lovely little details on her that were being lost in the scream of the orange velvet…
I took her home and gave her 2 sloppy coats of Milk Paint in the color Linen. Sanded the frame and gave it a generous coat of clear wax. I later went over the wood carvings with dark antiquing wax to bring out the detail. The frame is super silky smooth!!!
I used left over fabric from other projects to upholster the seat and make the seat cushion. I decided to dress it up a bit by making the edge of the cushion pleated. It turned out super cute, even though it took me forever to sew!!! ( I hate it when I’m almost done a project and run out of bobbin thread! AHHHH!!!)
I have another one similar with green velvet that I think I will try and make a little pretty…Maybe with a printed fabric this time…
Linking up to : the DIY Sunday Showcase at Pinkwhen