Making Broken Beautiful |No.12

November 5, 2015 by Terry

Happy Thursday everyone!

What a great link up last week!  It was our largest one to date and I am so excited with how much this party is starting to catch on and grow!  Thank you to all who participate faithfully, I am starting to recognise some of you for your styles … I know who you are before I even click on your links!

The great ideas and makeovers were so good last week that I had a hard time choosing just a few to highlight!

I am smitten with this beautiful accent chair created by Q is for Quandie.  Gold done in the right way will always be in style and this most certainly was done in the right way!  Hop over to see the before of this now stunning chair!

gold-chair-2

Anne from Design Dreams By Anne made my jaw drop with how talented she is!  (did I mention she is a fellow Canadian? :)  )  She created this washstand from scratch and you wouldn’t believe what she used to create the harp!  I wouldn’t  have guessed it had she not told … and it’s brilliant!

Vintage Washstand knockoff

Speaking of talent… Christy from Confessions of a Serial DIYer  turned this old fence into a vintage sign.  I love her style!  Her step by step tutorial makes it look so easy and the results are crazy good!

Beach-Rentals-Sign-2

The metallic trend is so strong right now and I am definitely feeling the pull to do more projects with metallics.  Mary from Orphans With Make Up  has the perfect idea to incorporate metallics into your table setting this holiday season.  You really must check out this easy DIY she created using Matthew Mead’s Metallic Fusion Paints.  I can’t wait to get my hands on some!

download

I hope you all have had a great week and I can hardly wait to see what you’ve been up to!  Let’s get to linking shall we?

Please remember to link back to this party when joining in :0)

Feel free to link up as many of your previous or present projects as you would like!  The more inspiration the better!

linky party 1

PARTY RULES …

1. While this is a Furniture party, I do class built in cabinets and room makeovers to be of the furniture nature so please share your ideas!
  2. Please post a permalink (the link to the furniture you are sharing) not the link to your blog.  Your entry must also be linked back to this party.
  3. If you are linking up things that are not furniture or design related they will be deleted …. sorry!
  4. This party will be open to join every Thursday 6:00 am MST and closes on Sunday evening 6:00pm MST  I will choose a few pieces to showcase each week and share my choices with you the following week.
  5. Please visit/leave a comment to at least two links before and after your own!

Now Lets Get Inspired!

Please click on the Froggy Button below to view or add your entries

15 thoughts on “Making Broken Beautiful |No.12

Thank you so much for featuring my gold chair Terry!

2. Maxine says:

Good morning Terry,

Thanks so much for this great link up party!! Great Features this week!!
    Have been unable to grab your button to post on my blog… not sure if I’m doing something wrong?

thanks,
    Maxine

I’m having trouble with my button thingy… I’m not so techy so I need to redo it! Thank you for trying I hope to have it fixed soon! I hope you have a great weekend!

3. Thanks so much for the feature! What a nice surprise :) – have a wonderful weekend!!!

4. Mary Vitullo says:

Thanks for featuring my chargers and for the link party. That gold chair is awesome! Have a great day, Terry.

Amazing selections this week! Those chargers, oh my! I went looking for some and of course couldn’t find any at our thrift stores, but they are drool worthy. The washstand, completely impressive! The metallic chair outstanding. Fun party. Thanks for hosting Terry!

Thank you Cheryl! I went scavenging for old silver plates too so I can make some but I didn’t find very many. Thanks for popping by to visit! I hope you have a great day!

6. christykjames says:

Thanks so much for including my sign in these beautiful features! XO

7. Dianne says:

What a fun link-up. I am joining for the first time. Thank you!

Thank you so much Larissa @prodigalpieces for tagging me in today's #trashure fun!  I don't know that this French chair was trash to begin with but it certainly did make its way into being a treasure indeed! This is my most recent makeover!💕#makeover #beautiful #statementpiece #upholstery #frenchchair There are 2 sides to everything and in this makeover too!  Velvety glam on the front and a modern statement in peacock feathers hugging the back!  Soooo pretty! 💕💕#thecuratorscollection #obsessed #sofine #soglam #feathers #velvet #statementpiece #beautiful #makeover #upholstery I am obsessed!! These (there are 2!) might just be the most luxurious chairs I have ever re upholstered! Gorgeous metallics mixed with luxurious fine velvets!  Wait till you see the backside of these chairs!  They will be delivered to their home tomorrow morning!  Can't wait!! #luxury #glamglow #makeover #upholstered #stunning #thecuratorscollection #soglam #sofine #obsessed Okay... here's a peek at the "during" of these two sweet chairs. They were  my client's Nana's chairs and it is my hope that Nana would be pleased with this makeover. #nanaschair #thecuratorscollection #makeover #upholstered #velvet #newlook #soglam #metallic So this is what has been keeping me busy these days... actually there are 2 of them! Without giving away what they look like now I thought I would share what the choices for fabric were first. My client chose the print for the backside and the velvet for the front side with exquisite soft pink velvet for the welting and the arms. I also gave the orange looking wood a glamorous look with some warm silver metallic paint. I hope to share with you soon! I don't want to share the reveal before the owner has had a chance to see them :). #thecuratorscollection #upholstered #makeover #velvet #soglam #mynanas Soooooo this is my current situation.... I'm on sewing machine number three in 2 days and a deadline nearing the end in 4 days! 😬 I SWEAR ITS NOT ME! Lol... hubby is trying to fix mine after bringing me home one from one of his co-worker's wife's ... how sweet is he? 💕huge shout out of gratitude to Mrs. Schafer for helping me in a pinch! 😘🌷#stressfulday #sewing #upholstery #deadlines #sweetpeople #thankyou #gratitude