Eulalie’s Sky With a Silver Lining | Antique Chest of Drawers

November 25, 2015 by Terry

I am sharing with you today my latest favourite!  This little piece turned out so pretty.  It has been a while since I have used MMS Eulalie’s Sky on anything and after this piece, I am not sure what took me so long in doing so!

I decided that it should have a little ‘fancy’ so I decided to give it metallic silver accents.  I think the Mercury Glass hardware tie in perfectly with the silver accents on the legs and wood decals.

Here is the before shot of it …. I sanded down the layers, and layers of paint off the top in order to reveal the beautiful wood top.

The top got a light coat of a custom mixed stain I created out of other stains I already had.  The rest was painted and waxed with both clear and antiquing wax.  Initially I had not used bonding agent but it did over chip a bit, so I went over those areas with more paint with bonding agent added.  The metallic painted areas also got a coat of antiquing wax to tone down the ‘newness’ of the metallic paint.

Yes… that’s one of my wedding photos… :0) …. oh the pre babies body … where are you now?  ha ha

I had so much fun trying out different ways to display it and I had so much help from my tiny props girl precious!  … always helping ;) making sure every bead is in place!

I picked up these pretty light shades a while back from an antique shop, now I just need to find the right base for them.  They remind me of a hat.

This sweet dresser is also going to The Little Deer Market on December 5  ... secretly hoping it doesn’t sell ;)

Making Broken Beautiful goes live tomorrow!  I am ‘breaking’ all my rules this week and anything Christmas goes!  Make sure you link up and share your Christmas inspirations!!

Lehman Lane

16 thoughts on “Eulalie’s Sky With a Silver Lining | Antique Chest of Drawers

Oh Terry! That has to be one of my favorites this far!!! So so pretty! And your staging is so fun too. That square wreath! Did you make it! I love it!!

Just overall gorgeous inspiration, since I can’t just hop on over to Canada to buy it! :)

Thank you Cheryl! This is one of my favourites too I think. The square wreath was a purchase I made 3 years ago at Homesense. It actually was a Christmas wreath but I removed all the Christmas stuff from it to make it work all year long. It has lost so much of the boxwood though from all the dusting … okay, I lied… I don’t actually dust it … just sometimes … but not on purpose! lol wow! did I just ramble or what? I thank you for the wonderful compliments and I hope you have a great day!

2. Carol says:

Perfect! The color is beautiful & I love the silver accent!

3. The chest of drawers turned out beautifully. I don’t blame you for wanting to keep it. I think it will fly to the door.

4. Maxine says:

Terry, Just love this piece and colour!! I just adore the way you used the metallic paint and dark patina…. Thanks so much for sharing!!
    Maxine

5. repurposingjunkie says:

It’s a lovely dresser!!!

6. Oh my goodness Terry, perfection! First, I LOVE the color and the custom stain color works beautifully together. Adding the metallics with dark wax just takes this gorgeous dresser up several notches. I suspect your wish of it not selling is NOT going to happen. I need to take a drive one day to The Little Deer Market.

I would probably pee my pants if you did come! … I’m such a fan! I love that metallics are in right now … they add so much to a piece if used tastefully! Thank you also for the follow… honored!

7. Oh my I absolutely love this! Eulalie’s is one of my favourite colours and it just looks so beautiful with the silver accents. What a perfect colour for such a gorgeous dresser! Hugs, Lisa

Thank you so much Larissa @prodigalpieces for tagging me in today's #trashure fun!  I don't know that this French chair was trash to begin with but it certainly did make its way into being a treasure indeed! This is my most recent makeover!💕#makeover #beautiful #statementpiece #upholstery #frenchchair There are 2 sides to everything and in this makeover too!  Velvety glam on the front and a modern statement in peacock feathers hugging the back!  Soooo pretty! 💕💕#thecuratorscollection #obsessed #sofine #soglam #feathers #velvet #statementpiece #beautiful #makeover #upholstery I am obsessed!! These (there are 2!) might just be the most luxurious chairs I have ever re upholstered! Gorgeous metallics mixed with luxurious fine velvets!  Wait till you see the backside of these chairs!  They will be delivered to their home tomorrow morning!  Can't wait!! #luxury #glamglow #makeover #upholstered #stunning #thecuratorscollection #soglam #sofine #obsessed Okay... here's a peek at the "during" of these two sweet chairs. They were  my client's Nana's chairs and it is my hope that Nana would be pleased with this makeover. #nanaschair #thecuratorscollection #makeover #upholstered #velvet #newlook #soglam #metallic So this is what has been keeping me busy these days... actually there are 2 of them! Without giving away what they look like now I thought I would share what the choices for fabric were first. My client chose the print for the backside and the velvet for the front side with exquisite soft pink velvet for the welting and the arms. I also gave the orange looking wood a glamorous look with some warm silver metallic paint. I hope to share with you soon! I don't want to share the reveal before the owner has had a chance to see them :). #thecuratorscollection #upholstered #makeover #velvet #soglam #mynanas Soooooo this is my current situation.... I'm on sewing machine number three in 2 days and a deadline nearing the end in 4 days! 😬 I SWEAR ITS NOT ME! Lol... hubby is trying to fix mine after bringing me home one from one of his co-worker's wife's ... how sweet is he? 💕huge shout out of gratitude to Mrs. Schafer for helping me in a pinch! 😘🌷#stressfulday #sewing #upholstery #deadlines #sweetpeople #thankyou #gratitude