March 7, 2016 by Terry
These are some “can you help us” photos that I was sent back in November by a young couple with a brand new house. They were looking to update their dining room set from this orange-ish finish to something more modern and fresh. This set is in amazing condition so I did feel a little guilty painting over it and taking off the almost perfect fabric on the seats!
This young couple chose Fusion’s Limestone to paint the chairs in. I started by sanding down all 6 (yes 6! I’m now officially sick of chairs! Ha ha!) and after a good dusting proceeded to spray them with a coat of Fusion’s Ultragrip to give the paint some extra grab.
Then each chair got 3 fine coats of Limestone sprayed on with 12 hours of dry time between coats. To finish I sprayed 3 coats of Varathane’s Diamond coat in a satin finish giving 4 hours dry time between each coat.
While waiting for the last coat to dry I took apart each cushion removing all the staples and the old fabric. This is the part that I hate the most as the staples can be pretty stubborn sometimes but it’s always worth it to remove everything and start fresh for a more professional finish.
They turned out amazing if you ask me. They were originally looking for outdoor material in a chevron pattern but I was unable to find any locally. I did find some online but the shipping would have been just as much as the fabric and would put us waaaaay over budget. In the end they decided to go with this material and I’m happy they did. It gives these chairs the modern trendy boost that they needed. This set is going to be a real eye catching set once it is all completed!
The matching table is huge and will be getting made over in the middle of March sometime. I can’t wait to see it all together!
Have a great day!
Sharing this chair at: