July 13, 2014 by Terry
I have been blogging now since last November and I have to say, just when I figure one thing out something new pops up. To be honest…I am anything but techy!!! It takes me a while to figure things out sometimes and GOOGLE isn’t always my friend. Ha!
Today I woke up to find that I have been nominated for 2 blog awards!!! Ahhhh!!!! Excitement and panic hit me both at the same time! In my head I’m thinking “What ??? I’m only a tiny blog with 84 followers!” Then I started thinking…”How do I know if I won?…What do I do now?…I don’t know how some things in Blog Land work…what if I don’t respond right and offend someone?…What if I don’t quite “GET IT”????????…..” (Yes…my punctuation is very poor…sorry!)
THEN….After thanking the person who nominated me…I replied to her in a bit of a panic with the same questions I expressed above. She sweetly replied with this…
Being nominated means you’ve already won. Weird, I know. Just do the same thing I did – all the instructions (up to my answers to their questions.) Then answer MY questions to you, don’t answer theirs.
I was the same as you with my first. You can answer when you post next or whenever you figure it out. No committee is waiting, big deep breath now. And breathe out. If you google the awards you’ll see they are for encouragement to each other, not to freak you out, lol.
THANK YOU Found This Painted That!!!! First for the nomination and for rescuing me from my little panic…I tend to make things more complicated than they need to be sometimes!
Here are the awards…So Flattered and tickled to be considered award worthy…Thank you again!
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
Done! Found This Painted That is certainly the most creative person I have ever known…she always has something fantastic on the go and I love her personality…We have a lot in common and if we lived in the same country I could see myself hanging out with her. (even though I don’t know her name!)
2. Place the award badges on your blog page.
So happy to!!!!
3. Answer the 10 questions posed to me.
See below for answers!
4. Pay it forward and nominate 10 other blogs.
I love so many! Who to choose…..!
These are the questions posed to me:
1. & 2. If you could have anyone decorate a room in your house, who would it be and which room?
Hands down Sarah Richardson!!! I looooove her style! I would have her do my kitchen…I looooooove her kitchens!!!!!!!!!!! Did I mention I Loooove her???
3. If you were stranded on a desert island what three things would you want to have with you? ( And don’t say a boat)
I know I should say my husband or family but… I’m going to have to say snacks, Restoration Hardware Magazines and tools so I can make the things I see in the magazines! Ha!
4. Disco or Ballroom?
Ballroom! Who doesn’t want to get dressed up in a beautiful gown and be held close by their honey?
5. What’s the furthest distance you’ve travelled?
I went to Germany when I was 16 to go to school there for a year…I absolutely loved it there!
6. Where do you stand in the family? (First born, middle etc.)
I am the baby of my family. I have one sister…I always said that I was mentally older but physically younger! :o)
7. Is there anyone you would change places with?
No…I love who God has made me to be and where he has placed me in life! :o)
8. Best summer book?
I love to read but rarely get the chance to do so uninterrupted…I enjoy inspirational books and like anything by Max Lucado.
9. What do you put on your french fries?
Ranch dressing or sour cream! Mmmmmmmmm!
10. Is Paris always a good idea?
Ummmmm…..Maybe …..if you can speak French…I can’t so I don’t know how much I would miss out on going there. I know it is super romantic and beautiful though, maybe someday when I get spare time I will learn the language?
Making A House Our Home
We Bought A French House
West Furniture Revival
Lake Girl Paints
Primitive & Proper
Too Much Time On My Hands
The Shabby Nest
A Delightsome life
My Questions to you…
1. When did you discover your love for decorating/crafting?
2. What inspires you?
3. Favorite thing you have made / decorated since you started blogging and why.
4. If you had to choose one of these which would it be and why:
5. Favorite wine….mmmmm!
6. What makes you a successful blogger? Any tips?
7. Favorite place to holiday
8.What does your typical day look like?
9. Favorite footwear…
10. Favorite snacks…share recipes if you have :0)!
Thank you again for these awards!