If I Build It Would You Come? …

July 27, 2015 by Terry

1920's chairsEarly Friday morning I excitedly sat down at my computer to get ready to link up my latest masterpieces to my favorite blog Miss Mustard Seed and her Furniture Feature Friday linky party, only to find that it was no more.

I was devastated to find that the linky party I had tuned in to  for the past few YEARS was now gone!!!  Oh my goodness!!!  Now what would I browse through on Saturday mornings while drinking my coffee?  This totally ruined my Saturday morning inspiration.

After thinking about it I realized that I was completely depending on that linky party to get my “furniture fix” .  Oh yes, I follow other blogs with linky parties and I do join in on them but, this one was exclusively furniture.

I didn’t have to compete with weeding through a hundred recipes etc to get my furniture fix!  No recipes, and other little crafty crafts.  This was FURNITURE ONLY and that’s all I was interested in.  Don’t get me wrong, I love a good recipe and I do enjoy crafting but honestly… I’m a furniture addict and I don’t want to have to weed through hundreds of recipes to get my furniture fix.

As a furniture addict, I also have a need for interior design inspiration.  I absolutely L O V E  to see what other creative people with the same addiction are up to and how they are using the pieces they create.

Having said that, I got to thinking about creating my own exclusively furniture linky party.  Time to stop relying on someone else to be the host and start being the hostess!

Us furniture addicts have a need to create.  We get excited over the things we create and just want to shout “LOOK WHAT I MADE!” Sharing things that excite us with people who also get excited about the same things is just the inspiration we need to keep going!

Miss Mustard Seed may not have Furniture Feature Fridays anymore, (and I still absolutely ADORE her)  but I would like to continue on the inspiration here on my own blog.

So I guess my question to you all is …  If I build a linky party exclusive to furniture and interior design … would you come?

Let me know your thoughts, I would really appreciate your feedback!

20 thoughts on “If I Build It Would You Come? …

I would come! I was completely devastated as well. FFF was by far my favorite link party, and made me sad, but I understood. I would totally join your party Terry. :)

Thank you Cheryl!!! Yeay!! I’m glad I’m not the only one sad about it! I understand her reasons for stopping but I’m also a bit selfish in the “what about me?”
      Thank you for weighing in!

2. Great idea, Terry! I always enjoyed the furniture inspiration too. I don’t have something to link every week, but maybe once a month. And, of course, I love to browse all of the furniture and interior design ideas.

3. Karen valdez says:

4. Becky says:

Yes! I agree with you. I love that it was all furniture with nothing else. If you build it I will come.

Oh thank you Becky! I’m excited to hear that. With each positive response I get a little more brave and excited! I will let you know when things start for sure!

Have a great week!

5. What is a kinky party??

6. Oops, LINKY party, I’m not getting involved with kinky parties lol!! X

7. Entri WP says:

Absolutely! I’d join your link party. I loved FFF too, but we all had to know it was coming eventually. Marian has been constantly moving forward and I know whatever she does will be inspiring for all of us.

I’m excited to hear that you’d share at my party! I didn’t realize how much I enjoyed FFF until it was gone … isn’t that true with most things? I am inspired by how much Marian and her vision for her business have grown over the years, I am nervous about starting up something as small as a linky party … can’t imagine the courage it has taken for her to get to where she is today! She deserves her success, she has worked so hard for it!
      Thank you for your support! I will be sure to let everyone know when the time comes … Looking forward to future chats!

8. Diane Cahill says:

I think that is a great idea! Love your things and your style!!

Thank you Diane! I love to see other people’s style as well so I am excited to consider this new branch on my blogging tree :0) … Okay, did that even make sense? ha ha
      Hope you have a great week!

9. I’m in on your vision! Do it!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Dreaming of spring and all it brings with it... #renewal #spring #easterdecor #design #decor #pink #fixin my jeans.... #whattowear  #tomorrow #ribbon #denim #pretty #resourceful #dasies #trend #repair #makeful #FIXIN other things today like my favourite jeans. The rips in them have gotten out of hand and “measures “ had to be taken! 😂 some pretty ribbon and an upholstery needle gave them a whole new look! #resourceful #favourite #embroidery #denim #fashion #cutepants #dasies #thecuratorscollection #sundayfunday These beautiful roses from my sweet husband lasted sooooo long, it’s a shame to see their freshness is no longer. Looking for ideas to preserve them and their colour for a long time to come... any advice out there? 💕 #valentinesroses #roses #preservedflower #beautifulbotanicals #homedecor #fresh#white #thecuratorscollection Sunday dinner preparations at the Foster Estate ... missing a few guests though due to winter weather! #wishyouwerehere #sundaydinner #family #happysunday #missingyou Me along with #’s 1, 2 & 3 .... of 5!  My gorgeous girls!  How time flies... just yesterday it was barbies and Dora (and Blues Clues... lol) and now it’s graduation 🎓 and grown up conversations.... #timeflies  #treasurethemoments #growinguptoofast #momslove