Do You Remember This? | Most Viewed in 2015

January 5, 2016 by Terry

While it is fun to look back and see how far I’ve come with my projects in the past year, it is really only fun for me.

I’m sure there are new readers that might be interested, but at the same time I know that would bore almost all of my longtime readers.  Unless I am your ‘favoritest’ blogger ever, that would be like watching a bunch of reruns on T.V..  Once in awhile is alright but not an entire year’s worth :)  For those of you who are new to my site, I will save you the fun of browsing.

To both new and longtime readers … THANK YOU for your faithfulness!  You lift me up with even the smallest comment of saying hello and I appreciate each and every one of you!

Slpi covered antique chair,desk redo, spring buds 183

Today I would like to share the most viewed project of 2015.  I decided last February that I would like to try my hand at sewing a slipcover for a Couturier’s chair that I had.  My only instruction for doing so was the video tutorial that I had watched Marian Parsons (AKA Miss Mustard Seed) give.

The result was this beautiful washable, ‘sitable’ slipcover for an antique chair.  It also earned me another feature on Miss Mustard Seed’s Furniture Feature Friday.  (Oh how I miss that furniture party… soooo much talent all wrapped up in one place!)

Was I excited? Um Yah … is there a better word for excited cuz THAT is what would best describe my reaction!

slipcovered bench and the making of the slipcovered chair 027slipcovered bench and the making of the slipcovered chair 024slipcovered bench and the making of the slipcovered chair 010slipcovered bench and the making of the slipcovered chair 022

So for those of you who have not seen this post or for those of you who have but want to take another peek …

Click HERE to view

Slpi covered antique chair,desk redo, spring buds 168

For those of you intimidated by sewing, don’t underestimate your capabilities.  Sewing is NOT my thing and I only know the very basics of sewing, yet I created this slipcover without a pattern!  Seriously!  All I did was watch a few very brief but informative videos (link above) and took my time sewing and cutting and piecing it together.  You can too!

Slpi covered antique chair,desk redo, spring buds 180

Because I decided to step out of my comfort zone and try something new, I ended up surprising myself with how much I actually enjoyed it … I also found out that I may actually be good at it too! ;)

So … having said all that …. GO! Go step outside your box in 2016 and give something completely ‘Not You‘ a try, you may just surprise yourself and enjoy it!

Just a quick reminder: The first Making Broken Beautiful of 2016 is this coming Thursday!  Anyone can join in!  Hope to see you there!

Happy 2016 my friends!

Click on the following links to see the other top 4 most viewed posts:

1920’s Ornate China Cabinet

Bergere Beverage Bar

Yellow Primitive Wash Stand

Upholstering an Antique Chair

Stone Gable

Simple Nature Decor

18 thoughts on “Do You Remember This? | Most Viewed in 2015

1. Maxine White says:

Thanks for Sharing this again Terri!! I didn’t catch it the first time!!
    It looks fantastic!!
    Happy New Year!

Maxine

Thank you Maxine! Thank you for taking the time to check it out and leave a comment! I hope you have a great week! Happy New Year to you as well!

2. Enjoyed the tour of your besties. Had to click on every one of them and view them again. You inspired me to try to make some slip covers this year. Guess we’ll see if I actually do.

Oh my goodness you TOTALLY SHOULD! They look hard but are sooooooo easy! I complicated mine by making it pleated but a simple straight slipcover is sooooo easy! Please share if you do make one! Have a great week!

3. Terry, you and me both re: missing Miss Mustard Seed’s Weekly Party. Kudos to you for being featured not once but twice – that’s BIG!!! Your slipcover turned out gorgeous. I would be totally intimidated to attempt this but I’m going to follow the link to your post and pin it onto my Sewing Board on Pinterest – to share and maybe refer back to if I get the courage to make one.

Awe Marie! You are so sweet! Yes… I sometimes long for the good ole days …change is hard! I had actually been featured a total of 4 times on Miss Mustard Seed’s blog … shocking I know. She’s forced me to step out of my comfort zone a few times ;). Thank you for sharing and pinning!
      Have a great week!

4. Great projects Terry- thanks for sharing, I LUV looking back, it’s always reinvigorating!

It’s always amazing the growth we have each year and how the quality of our work and creativity increases. I guess it’s true that we get better with age! ha ha

5. The slipcover is gorgeous. I can’t believe it is your first sewing project. I think you must gave a natural sewing talent.

You are so sweet! I wouldn’t say sewing is natural for me but visualizing how to put something together is … Maybe it’s the sewing machine I have that makes it less fun … it’s kinda old :) Thank you for the kind compliments and taking the time to visit with me! I always enjoy our chats!

Oh how I love this slipped chair! That’s the first time I think I really encountered you was this post by MMS FFF. (Uhm, yes, miss it too, so proud of you for starting your own though!) I have to say, I’m not usually a slip cover fan, but this one is outstanding! The extra pleats absolutely make it! And this inspired me to do my ottoman likewise. 😊Thanks for the inspiration, and thank for the review, I have really enjoyed everyone’s “best of” the year reviews. Blessings!!!

Thank you Cheryl! I’m so glad to have met you, you are a sweet, kind and talented person. I hope you will share many more of your talents in 2016! I hope you have a great week!

7. A City Girl says:

I did not see that when you posted it but that came out awesome!!

8. Perfection. It’s one of my faves too. You make it sound easy and I don’t want to call you a liar since I adore you, so I’ll just tell everyone how talented you are instead. So there.

See? See what you do??? I have “that lump” in my throat again! This is why we are friends! You lift me high my dear! You are a blessing in my life!

9. Love that slip cover, you have done an amazing job! Can’t imagine the patience you have to do that. Maria

Patience is something that I was not gifted with! Ha ha! It really was a struggle for me not to rush on this. It was well worth it in the end! Thank you for the high compliment!

Thank you so much Larissa @prodigalpieces for tagging me in today's #trashure fun!  I don't know that this French chair was trash to begin with but it certainly did make its way into being a treasure indeed! This is my most recent makeover!💕#makeover #beautiful #statementpiece #upholstery #frenchchair There are 2 sides to everything and in this makeover too!  Velvety glam on the front and a modern statement in peacock feathers hugging the back!  Soooo pretty! 💕💕#thecuratorscollection #obsessed #sofine #soglam #feathers #velvet #statementpiece #beautiful #makeover #upholstery I am obsessed!! These (there are 2!) might just be the most luxurious chairs I have ever re upholstered! Gorgeous metallics mixed with luxurious fine velvets!  Wait till you see the backside of these chairs!  They will be delivered to their home tomorrow morning!  Can't wait!! #luxury #glamglow #makeover #upholstered #stunning #thecuratorscollection #soglam #sofine #obsessed Okay... here's a peek at the "during" of these two sweet chairs. They were  my client's Nana's chairs and it is my hope that Nana would be pleased with this makeover. #nanaschair #thecuratorscollection #makeover #upholstered #velvet #newlook #soglam #metallic So this is what has been keeping me busy these days... actually there are 2 of them! Without giving away what they look like now I thought I would share what the choices for fabric were first. My client chose the print for the backside and the velvet for the front side with exquisite soft pink velvet for the welting and the arms. I also gave the orange looking wood a glamorous look with some warm silver metallic paint. I hope to share with you soon! I don't want to share the reveal before the owner has had a chance to see them :). #thecuratorscollection #upholstered #makeover #velvet #soglam #mynanas Soooooo this is my current situation.... I'm on sewing machine number three in 2 days and a deadline nearing the end in 4 days! 😬 I SWEAR ITS NOT ME! Lol... hubby is trying to fix mine after bringing me home one from one of his co-worker's wife's ... how sweet is he? 💕huge shout out of gratitude to Mrs. Schafer for helping me in a pinch! 😘🌷#stressfulday #sewing #upholstery #deadlines #sweetpeople #thankyou #gratitude