Lucketts Green & Grainsack Transfer

April 13, 2016 by Terry

I’ve had this sorry little chair in my stash for a while now.  It called to me from the curb one morning while taking the kids to school.  You can imagine the moaning and groaning of my children as I stopped to pick it up.  “No Mom!  Pleeeeeeeeze don’t stop!”  Unfortunately for them I couldn’t risk the garbage man taking it away before I could get back to it so I had to stop.

I do have a picture of it somewhere of what it looked like before but surprise, surprise I cannot remember what I filed it under.  It was literally muddy with dry mud and very rickety.  Someone must have tried their painting skills on it and then lost heart as it was partially painted with a bit of white paint.

After a cleaning and sanding followed by a light coat of Lucketts Green MMS Milk paint and a bit of distressing, this is what she looks like now.

I also upholstered the seat and added a grain sack image transfer to give it a little more character.

Outside of fixing the wobbly legs and back, this was a refreshingly simple makeover.

I have been trying to use more color in my projects lately and I have to say I’d forgotten how much I like this green.  I used clear wax to seal the paint but I bet it would look nice with a little dark wax in a few places as well.

I had planted some Cat Grass a couple of weeks ago and having the brown thumb that I do, it only made it to the third cut before I somehow killed it :(  This is one of the last times I saw it healthy.  Not sure exactly where things went bad …. but I will try again!

I hope you are having a great week so far!  I would like to invite you to join me here tomorrow for Making Broken Beautiful.

Check out last week’s party here.

Sharing this chair at:

Elizabeth & Co

16 thoughts on “Lucketts Green & Grainsack Transfer

1. Nikki Gwin says:

I love the color you chose for the chair, but that yellow cabinet takes my breath! *swoon*

Thank you Nikki! That cabinet really does steal the show doesn’t it? It’s one of my most favorite pieces! Even Miss Mustard Seed featured it on her site back when she had Furniture Friday. I think it’s a keeper! I hope you have an amazing day!

2. Very nice Terry! I could just see your kids moaning at the thought of possibly being seen by someone they know as Mom picks up trash from the side of the road. LOL When my kids were young they did the same thing. The French graphic is perfect on the fabric – did you transfer it with TAP paper?

Thank you Marie! That is the exact reason they never want me to stop with them in the car ;) Everyone ducks out of sight and covers their heads … ha ha. I don’t know what TAP paper is but this is transfer paper from Walmart that just irons on. I actually tried to do the wax paper transfer first not realizing it was a terrible idea to try and run it through a laser printer. I completely ruined the printer as the wax paper melted to the inside …. I really never considered the heat of the laser printer melting it. On the up side …got a new printer! :) I hope you have an amazing day!

3. tarahlynn says:

I love the color you chose for this little chair and the upholstery is just lovely. I have two old rockers that I refinished with stain that I’ve been dabbling with the idea of painting them something quite like this!

Oh wow! I think a rocker would look adorable in this color, especially if you let the stain show through here and there! I’d love to see them when you are done :) Happy painting! I hope you have a great day!

4. Hi Terry, Love how you changed this chair literally from trash to treasure! I really like the transfer you added to the seat! Blessings, Janet

5. thewoodspa says:

Great job. Love the fabric!

Patricia.

6. What a sweet chair. The color is lovely and I really like the upholstery.

7. This is beautiful, Terry! Love the pretty color.

8. Madeleine says:

These chairs are beautiful! Love them. How did you get the grain sack image onto seat? Is it a stencil? Thanks for the help! :)

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

The other day I let my daughter drive us home after being away. I was absolutely exhausted from life in general. This was the view from my passenger window... a beautiful reminder to slow down and listen to God’s whispers... He’s got this. #listentothewhispers #godsgotthis #bestillandknow #thatstillsmallvoice #heismystrength
So proud of these girls! Congratulations Haileybear and Brittany! #sweetsuccess #allgrownup #newchapter #bestfriends #graduation #thecuratorscollection #soproudofyou
And just like that it is done! What it beautiful day we had celebrating our baby girl! #graduation #beautifulday #notredamehighschool #growinguptoofast #loveher
cap and gown 🎓 ceremony done... now onto the good stuff!!! THE DRESS! 🙌🏻👏🏻🎓 .... can’t wait to see my beautiful girl in her dress! 💝 #graduation #babygirl #allgrownup #soproud #beautiful #loveher
... and she doesn’t think she’s pretty! ??? So proud of this girl! Baby number two is graduating from high school this coming Saturday… Where has the time gone? She has definitely been our “wild card” from the very beginning! So full of energy and always ready to help wherever it is needed. She is ambitious and fun and has an amazing heart! We know she will be successful in anything she does. What a gift she has been to our family! #proud #beautiful #strong #loveofmylife #blessed #loved #congratulations #graduation #bestfriendsforever #modelmaterial
Happy Monday friends! I know I haven’t posted anything for quite some time but as I sit here this evening I feel it’s time to share a bit more of what has been happening for the last few months. Most of you don’t know this but for the last 11 months I have been slowly learning the technical side of my family’s business. For the past 43 years my parents have invested their blood sweat and tears making our family business such a huge success. (@globefootwearltd ) I am privileged and honoured to be able to carry that on for them. 11 months ago I took a leap of faith and left everything I was comfortable with to come and carry on our family heritage. Our children were brave enough to leave their friends and their school in order to support their mom in keeping the family heritage alive. Today I am proud to say that while I still have much to learn, I am happy that we took that leap. It truly is an amazing journey and a hard (at times challenging) one at that… But with God’s grace and strength we will carry through for continued success! God is good! I’m still loving furniture makeovers and when I can, I still enjoy DIY and sharing what I make… But for now… I have to take a step back from that part of my life and focus on what is before me. I hope you will stay, and follow along in my journey. We have a new home where we are and are wanting to put our style mark on it… I know there are a few stencilling projects in our future ;-) I will share more with you soon. You can follow along on my business journey too at @globefootwearltd ❤️😊 #newlife #newfriends #newbusiness #newadventures #shoestore #familybusiness #heritage #myheritage #godisgood #strengh #godsgrace #globefootwearltd