A Simple Stool

April 18, 2016 by Terry

This past weekend was a bit of a challenge for our family but we made it through and I’m looking forward to a great week … God willing!

Two of our 5 children were ill, two were off to a paintball party and the last was babysitting and working at her job …. meanwhile, my sweet husband and I put the finishing touches on a few of my projects in between nursing the two sickyheads ;)

Looks like my booth for the All Things Pretty Market (April 30 and May 1) is going to be very full!  With the days getting closer to this awesome event I find myself getting more and more excited!

I will spend today photographing my latest projects and pre staging my booth for the market to make sure it all fits!

I thought I’d share some pretty photos I took of this sweet simple little stool that I rescued from a neighbor who was just going to throw it away. Sometimes a little color and re imagination is all a piece needs.  I’m currently using this little stool as a side table …

Milk paint, a heavily distressed seat and an antique glaze gives this little stool some primitive charm without overdoing it.

Have a wonderful day!

If you missed Making Broken Beautiful you can still enjoy the inspiration by clicking here

Sharing this sweet stool:

Recreated Designs

That DIY Party

Interior Frugalista

H2O Bungalow

i should be mopping the floor

Elizabeth & Co.

10 thoughts on “A Simple Stool

1. I love the simple beauty of your rescued stool. I hope you have a good week and the kids feel beter.

Thank you Debra! Sorry for the late reply … chicken with head cut off… if you know what I mean :0) Things are settling down now though and I’m finally able to check out all my favorites … you included! I hope you have a great day!

2. Terry, love the new look you gave the stool!! It sounds like you’ve been busy! I hope your 2 sickyheads get better quick!! Best wishes to you and your upcoming market event!! Thanks for sharing at Sweet Inspiration!! So glad to see you here!! :)

Thank you so much for the well wishes! They are much better now. I’m enjoying your new party! Congratulations! I hope you don’t forget Making Broken Beautiful, I always enjoy what you share here! Have a great week!

Love the color combo on that stool! What color is that on the legs? So pretty.

Thank you Quandie! To be honest I don’t really know … I mixed a bunch of leftover milk paint together and this is what came out. It looks similar to the corner cabinet color though so if you’d like the recipe just look for it in the primitive corner cupboard post. I hope you have a great week!

4. Nikki Gwin says:

I love that stool! LOVE, I say!

5. Crushing over the stool color! gorgeous gorgeous! Good luck at your booth—your stuff is adorable, I bet it will fly out the door!

Thank you so much Audra for your sweet comments! I hope all my things get loved there too! I’d hate to have to carry it all home! lol I hope you have a nice weekend!

Thoughts on this table??? Creating a beautiful rustic outdoor dining area... this entire table is salvaged wood. The base found separately from the top and joined together to form this unique outdoor living space. Along with the chandelier we added in some beautiful patio lights on the beams creating a dreamy setting for a lovely summer evening outside.  Playing along with @prodigalpieces today #trashure #thecuratorscollection #design #outdoorliving #patio #rustic #reclaimedwood FATTABULOUS time spent today with Angie of @absolutecustomdesigns helping with a FAT PAINT workshop. Just look at those delicious colours!!! I went home with #orangeapalooza and #navystateofmind 💕💕💕 currently looking for something to paint 🙄😂.... #painted #fatpaint #thecuratorscollection #mineralpaint #fun #cantdecide Thank you @absolutecustomdesigns Angie for including me in your workshop today! I really enjoyed helping out and meeting so many wonderful ladies! FAT PAINT really is my go to chalk paint!  Love all the products from this line! 💕#fatpaint #painted #workshop #fun #palletsign #extrafat #mineralpaint #thecuratorscollection Sister shenanigans happening at the airport today while waiting for their dad's plane to take off 😂#titanic #shenanigans #goofy #silly It's been a productive day!  I had no idea what design these slip covers were going to take form of when I started but I'm loving the outcome! #sold #nomorepink #lovingtheoutcome #slipcover #customized #thecuratorscollection #designer #linen The struggle is real 😂 i'm getting a little unwanted help this morning sewing some welting.This is why it takes me so long to complete my projects! Lol #thestruggleisreal #badkitty #brat #everyday #catslife