A Simple Stool

April 18, 2016 by Terry

This past weekend was a bit of a challenge for our family but we made it through and I’m looking forward to a great week … God willing!

Two of our 5 children were ill, two were off to a paintball party and the last was babysitting and working at her job …. meanwhile, my sweet husband and I put the finishing touches on a few of my projects in between nursing the two sickyheads ;)

Looks like my booth for the All Things Pretty Market (April 30 and May 1) is going to be very full!  With the days getting closer to this awesome event I find myself getting more and more excited!

I will spend today photographing my latest projects and pre staging my booth for the market to make sure it all fits!

I thought I’d share some pretty photos I took of this sweet simple little stool that I rescued from a neighbor who was just going to throw it away. Sometimes a little color and re imagination is all a piece needs.  I’m currently using this little stool as a side table …

Milk paint, a heavily distressed seat and an antique glaze gives this little stool some primitive charm without overdoing it.

Have a wonderful day!

If you missed Making Broken Beautiful you can still enjoy the inspiration by clicking here

Sharing this sweet stool:

Recreated Designs

That DIY Party

Interior Frugalista

H2O Bungalow

i should be mopping the floor

Elizabeth & Co.

10 thoughts on “A Simple Stool

1. I love the simple beauty of your rescued stool. I hope you have a good week and the kids feel beter.

Thank you Debra! Sorry for the late reply … chicken with head cut off… if you know what I mean :0) Things are settling down now though and I’m finally able to check out all my favorites … you included! I hope you have a great day!

2. Terry, love the new look you gave the stool!! It sounds like you’ve been busy! I hope your 2 sickyheads get better quick!! Best wishes to you and your upcoming market event!! Thanks for sharing at Sweet Inspiration!! So glad to see you here!! :)

Thank you so much for the well wishes! They are much better now. I’m enjoying your new party! Congratulations! I hope you don’t forget Making Broken Beautiful, I always enjoy what you share here! Have a great week!

Love the color combo on that stool! What color is that on the legs? So pretty.

Thank you Quandie! To be honest I don’t really know … I mixed a bunch of leftover milk paint together and this is what came out. It looks similar to the corner cabinet color though so if you’d like the recipe just look for it in the primitive corner cupboard post. I hope you have a great week!

4. Nikki Gwin says:

I love that stool! LOVE, I say!

5. Crushing over the stool color! gorgeous gorgeous! Good luck at your booth—your stuff is adorable, I bet it will fly out the door!

Thank you so much Audra for your sweet comments! I hope all my things get loved there too! I’d hate to have to carry it all home! lol I hope you have a nice weekend!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

The other day I let my daughter drive us home after being away. I was absolutely exhausted from life in general. This was the view from my passenger window... a beautiful reminder to slow down and listen to God’s whispers... He’s got this. #listentothewhispers #godsgotthis #bestillandknow #thatstillsmallvoice #heismystrength
So proud of these girls! Congratulations Haileybear and Brittany! #sweetsuccess #allgrownup #newchapter #bestfriends #graduation #thecuratorscollection #soproudofyou
And just like that it is done! What it beautiful day we had celebrating our baby girl! #graduation #beautifulday #notredamehighschool #growinguptoofast #loveher
cap and gown 🎓 ceremony done... now onto the good stuff!!! THE DRESS! 🙌🏻👏🏻🎓 .... can’t wait to see my beautiful girl in her dress! 💝 #graduation #babygirl #allgrownup #soproud #beautiful #loveher
... and she doesn’t think she’s pretty! ??? So proud of this girl! Baby number two is graduating from high school this coming Saturday… Where has the time gone? She has definitely been our “wild card” from the very beginning! So full of energy and always ready to help wherever it is needed. She is ambitious and fun and has an amazing heart! We know she will be successful in anything she does. What a gift she has been to our family! #proud #beautiful #strong #loveofmylife #blessed #loved #congratulations #graduation #bestfriendsforever #modelmaterial
Happy Monday friends! I know I haven’t posted anything for quite some time but as I sit here this evening I feel it’s time to share a bit more of what has been happening for the last few months. Most of you don’t know this but for the last 11 months I have been slowly learning the technical side of my family’s business. For the past 43 years my parents have invested their blood sweat and tears making our family business such a huge success. (@globefootwearltd ) I am privileged and honoured to be able to carry that on for them. 11 months ago I took a leap of faith and left everything I was comfortable with to come and carry on our family heritage. Our children were brave enough to leave their friends and their school in order to support their mom in keeping the family heritage alive. Today I am proud to say that while I still have much to learn, I am happy that we took that leap. It truly is an amazing journey and a hard (at times challenging) one at that… But with God’s grace and strength we will carry through for continued success! God is good! I’m still loving furniture makeovers and when I can, I still enjoy DIY and sharing what I make… But for now… I have to take a step back from that part of my life and focus on what is before me. I hope you will stay, and follow along in my journey. We have a new home where we are and are wanting to put our style mark on it… I know there are a few stencilling projects in our future ;-) I will share more with you soon. You can follow along on my business journey too at @globefootwearltd ❤️😊 #newlife #newfriends #newbusiness #newadventures #shoestore #familybusiness #heritage #myheritage #godisgood #strengh #godsgrace #globefootwearltd