A Simple Stool

April 18, 2016 by Terry

This past weekend was a bit of a challenge for our family but we made it through and I’m looking forward to a great week … God willing!

Two of our 5 children were ill, two were off to a paintball party and the last was babysitting and working at her job …. meanwhile, my sweet husband and I put the finishing touches on a few of my projects in between nursing the two sickyheads ;)

Looks like my booth for the All Things Pretty Market (April 30 and May 1) is going to be very full!  With the days getting closer to this awesome event I find myself getting more and more excited!

I will spend today photographing my latest projects and pre staging my booth for the market to make sure it all fits!

I thought I’d share some pretty photos I took of this sweet simple little stool that I rescued from a neighbor who was just going to throw it away. Sometimes a little color and re imagination is all a piece needs.  I’m currently using this little stool as a side table …

Milk paint, a heavily distressed seat and an antique glaze gives this little stool some primitive charm without overdoing it.

Have a wonderful day!

If you missed Making Broken Beautiful you can still enjoy the inspiration by clicking here

Sharing this sweet stool:

Recreated Designs

That DIY Party

Interior Frugalista

H2O Bungalow

i should be mopping the floor

Elizabeth & Co.

10 thoughts on “A Simple Stool

1. I love the simple beauty of your rescued stool. I hope you have a good week and the kids feel beter.

Thank you Debra! Sorry for the late reply … chicken with head cut off… if you know what I mean :0) Things are settling down now though and I’m finally able to check out all my favorites … you included! I hope you have a great day!

2. Terry, love the new look you gave the stool!! It sounds like you’ve been busy! I hope your 2 sickyheads get better quick!! Best wishes to you and your upcoming market event!! Thanks for sharing at Sweet Inspiration!! So glad to see you here!! :)

Thank you so much for the well wishes! They are much better now. I’m enjoying your new party! Congratulations! I hope you don’t forget Making Broken Beautiful, I always enjoy what you share here! Have a great week!

Love the color combo on that stool! What color is that on the legs? So pretty.

Thank you Quandie! To be honest I don’t really know … I mixed a bunch of leftover milk paint together and this is what came out. It looks similar to the corner cabinet color though so if you’d like the recipe just look for it in the primitive corner cupboard post. I hope you have a great week!

4. Nikki Gwin says:

I love that stool! LOVE, I say!

5. Crushing over the stool color! gorgeous gorgeous! Good luck at your booth—your stuff is adorable, I bet it will fly out the door!

Thank you so much Audra for your sweet comments! I hope all my things get loved there too! I’d hate to have to carry it all home! lol I hope you have a nice weekend!

You've worked hard all week my friends, may you enjoy a restful weekend! Happy Friday! #thecuratorscollection #rest #happyfriday #inspiration #truth This poor spoiled fur baby spent the night out in the pouring rain!  She was soaking wet this morning when we found her huddled up against the screen door. Looks like it's going to be a snuggle day for her today! LOL #furbaby #spoiled #longestnight #catlife #catsofinstagram #thecuratorscollection #soaked #lessonlearned It would appear I am not the only one who is soaking up the last of the peonies! Would you believe she tries to drink the water out of this arrangement every day? #sweetwater #peonies #catlife #precious #enamelware #thecuratorscollection #furbaby #spoiled Spent a little time at my #favouriteplace today browsing the most #gorgeous #antiques  Talk about making my heart sing! If you could have one thing from this photo what would you choose? #beautiful #makemyheartsmile #primitive #early1800s #uniquities #calgary No words... only love and adoration ... congratulations to my first baby on her graduation! Thank you for the privilege of being your mama and growing you and loving you forever!  Thank you for turning out so absolutely beautiful in every way! 💕💕💕#graduation #firstborn #proudmom #beautiful #grownup #wheredidtimego #firstlove#model #modelmaterial Sweet MCM Buffett looking for it's forever home!  DM or email me if you are local and interested! #midcenturymodern #forsale #rehome #thecuratorscollection #decor #statementpiece #interiordesign