Making Broken Beautiful … Furniture Party

September 24, 2015 by Terry

linky 2

Happy Thursday everyone!

Thank you to all who linked up last week!  I absolutely love all the projects you shared!  There are so many talented people with great vision for otherwise passed over or sent to the trash pieces!

This week has been busy!  I have a few different projects on the go and none of them are finished! Ahhh!  I did manage to make some space in the garage though by having a huge garage sale last weekend!  I decided it was time to get rid of pieces I had collected with great intentions but never followed through on .

Thank goodness I did as I brought home 2 new antique dressers to work on!  I can hardly wait to get caught up on my current projects so I can get to work on these 2 sweet dressers!

So last week there were so many pieces linked up that caught my eye …

q is for Quandie shared this sweet night stand transformation.  I love the gold accents and the hardware is dreamy!  It looks so classy and rich now!

Q is for Quandie Night stand

Next Susan from Saw Nail And Paint shared her Seaside Blue Vanity.  I love the color she chose for this piece.  The way she styled it and her choice of hardware paired with the faux fur chair really makes it fresh and glamorous!  You really must pop over to see the before picture!

seaside-blue-desk-and-chair

Brandy from Gates of Crystal shared this beautiful China hutch.  I really like the freshness of this and the fun touch of a contrasting color inside really makes the wire stand out!  Well done!

chickwire

And I can’t help but also highlight this beautiful French Chair makeover by Cheryl from Of Ruffles & Rifles.  Not only is the chair beautifully done but I love the little pleated slipcovered ottoman!  So pretty!

French-Country-Chair-3

I hope you will pop over and see the amazing before and afters of these great pieces!

Time to go ahead and link away!

linky 2

PARTY RULES …

1. While this is a Furniture party, I do class built in cabinets and room makeovers to be of the furniture nature so please share your ideas!
  2. Please post a permalink (the link to the furniture you are sharing) not the link to your blog.  Your entry must also be linked back to this party.
  3. If you are linking up things that are not furniture or design related they will be deleted …. sorry!
  4. This party will be open to join every Thursday evening 6:00pm MST and closes on Saturday evening 6:00pm MST  I will choose a few pieces to showcase each week and share my choices with you the following week.
  5. Please visit/leave a comment to at least two links before and after your own!

Now Lets Get Inspired!

If you are new to how it works just click on the froggy button to see the thumbnails or to link up your favorite pieces!

14 thoughts on “Making Broken Beautiful … Furniture Party

Thank you Terry, for your sweet highlight and feature. It is a delight to join your party. I was first introduced to you at MMS FFF and I was so inspired by a slip covered chair you did, it inspired me to do an ottoman. ☺️ Your work is always superb, and the genuine joy, encouragement and interest you take in others is so refreshing.
    No new furniture from me this week. Hopefully you’ll see me next week! ☺️
    Thanks again! Many blessings!!!

Oh Cheryl, you are so sweet! It is readers like you that keep me going! You always have something uplifting to say, thank you for taking the time to pop by, read and give such great encouragement! I’m sorry you have no new projects to share but the older ones are always welcome as well! I look forward to many more visits with you Cheryl! You make me smile!

Have a wonderful weekend!

2. Thanks again for the lovely party, Terry! I didn’t want to miss it (I’ve been doing a lot of non-furniture projects) so I’m linking up an older piece! Take care!

Thanks so much for featuring my nightstand Terry!

4. Tone says:

Hah! I made it this time! Thanks for hosting Terry! :) Have a great day!

5. KreativK says:

Hi Terry, thanks for inviting me over to party!!! Love it!!! Have a great weekend

6. Hi Terry Thank you so much for inviting me to your lovely party!
    xo
    Julie @ Love My Simple Home

7. Thanks so much for the invite. I have added my kitchen island and will put you on my weekly party list to link up each week. Thanks again.

8. Karen says:

Thanks so much for stopping by and inviting to your wonderful linkup! I’m so happy to join in. Great features!

Thoughts on this table??? Creating a beautiful rustic outdoor dining area... this entire table is salvaged wood. The base found separately from the top and joined together to form this unique outdoor living space. Along with the chandelier we added in some beautiful patio lights on the beams creating a dreamy setting for a lovely summer evening outside.  Playing along with @prodigalpieces today #trashure #thecuratorscollection #design #outdoorliving #patio #rustic #reclaimedwood FATTABULOUS time spent today with Angie of @absolutecustomdesigns helping with a FAT PAINT workshop. Just look at those delicious colours!!! I went home with #orangeapalooza and #navystateofmind 💕💕💕 currently looking for something to paint 🙄😂.... #painted #fatpaint #thecuratorscollection #mineralpaint #fun #cantdecide Thank you @absolutecustomdesigns Angie for including me in your workshop today! I really enjoyed helping out and meeting so many wonderful ladies! FAT PAINT really is my go to chalk paint!  Love all the products from this line! 💕#fatpaint #painted #workshop #fun #palletsign #extrafat #mineralpaint #thecuratorscollection Sister shenanigans happening at the airport today while waiting for their dad's plane to take off 😂#titanic #shenanigans #goofy #silly It's been a productive day!  I had no idea what design these slip covers were going to take form of when I started but I'm loving the outcome! #sold #nomorepink #lovingtheoutcome #slipcover #customized #thecuratorscollection #designer #linen The struggle is real 😂 i'm getting a little unwanted help this morning sewing some welting.This is why it takes me so long to complete my projects! Lol #thestruggleisreal #badkitty #brat #everyday #catslife