It’s been a while…. What I’ve been up to since we last chatted

September 12, 2016 by Terry

Hey Y’all! It’s been quite sometime since we last chatted but I’m happy to say that I’m back!

Quite honestly, I have really missed bogging and sharing all that I have been doing.

It has been an extremely busy summer for my family and I (to say the least!) and had I not stepped back from blogging for a while I think I might have burnt out!  … and nobody wants to see “ugly Terry” ha ha!

During my time away I have done many things. I have been working on some interior design for a wonderful family as well as doing a few custom furniture projects for a few clients. I am so excited to be able to share some of those projects with you in the next while as well.

We have also had some family difficulties to get through including the death of my grandmother and two surgeries for two of my five children. Thankfully everything has gone smoothly and we were able to squeeze in some family time away for a brief holiday before school started up again.  Let’s just say there was a scramble for last minute school prep before the first day of school! It’s all good and everything is fine now!  Whew!

Today I will share with you a few photos from a photo shoot I was privileged to be a part of this summer.

I was asked if I would like to provide the props for a bridal photo shoot that would be submitted to a magazine … um…. of course I would!  What an opportunity!

I provided the custom built/altered or made over furniture props used for this shoot and the rest of the props such as the florals, table settings, wedding cake, wedding dress, tuxedo, photography etc. were provided by these amazing vendors and their creative businesses!  What an amazing group to work with!

Remember this chair?   It looks stunning in this shoot! Just look at that hand dyed ribbon on the flowers!

gold-parlour-chair

First and foremost I have to say that our Floral designer was AHHHMAZINNNGGG!  Everything was soooo fresh and created onsite for this shoot!  Veronica is her name, if you’re wondering … inspiring? …. absolutely!  I have never worked with anyone who is more “on-pointe” or “in line” with my creative visions!  She is dripping with talent and choreographed the entire shoot with her beautiful vision!  Her floral designs can be found at Bloom & Basil.  Not only is she a gifted floral designer but she is also a gifted tatoo artist!   I have so enjoyed this creative collaboration!

I will quit with the chitter chatter and let you view the fruits of our labours… quick note… we carried all props and flowers etc. up a hill into the forrest for this shoot ….

IMG_1957

After realizing that the table I brought for the shoot was too small, I went home and constructed this table the eve before the shoot using 1X10’s from home depot and some 1920’s table legs.  I sanded and stained, then painted and distressed the top before adding the legs. (on original castors of course!)

IMG_1959joybreitkreutzphotography-138

Absolutely in love with the gold and floral place settings!  (click on the photo to find out where to get these)joybreitkreutzphotography-133

joybreitkreutzphotography-127

Beautiful florals for this evening shoot in the woods!

joybreitkreutzphotography-121joybreitkreutzphotography-152joybreitkreutzphotography-96

The gorgeous antique church windows were a gift to me this past mother’s day.  They are a treasure and I’m so happy they were able to be used for this shoot!  The table was custom made and the chandelier was also custom altered to make this the ideal forest setting!

joybreitkreutzphotography-100

The Couple used in this photo shoot aren’t your average models, they were an actual couple celebrating their wedding anniversary by renewing their vows.  They are a true couple… how stunning is this bride?

joybreitkreutzphotography-20

The sofa this stunning bride is posing on was made over my moi! You can see the amazing before and after here…. and here… So flattered that it was chosen to be utilized for this shoot before it went to it’s forever home in Calgary , Alberta.

joybreitkreutzphotography-24joybreitkreutzphotography-39joybreitkreutzphotography-34joybreitkreutzphotography-142

I made over this tiny table for deserts as well using gold leaf and FAT Paint … distressing the top made it absolutely dreamy! (Click on the photo to find out who made this scrumptious cake!)

joybreitkreutzphotography-29 joybreitkreutzphotography-47 joybreitkreutzphotography-81 joybreitkreutzphotography-79

joybreitkreutzphotography-81

Beautiful dress and florals…

joybreitkreutzphotography-47

gold-parlour-chair

For everyone involved who took the time to contribute to this amazingly beautiful shoot…. THANK YOU!  This shoot could not have happened without all your talent!

So honoured to have been a part of it!

gold-parlour-chairvendor list for Wedding Photo Shoot

15 thoughts on “It’s been a while…. What I’ve been up to since we last chatted

1. Deb Hrabik says:

So beautiful!
    Wow, you have been busy. My summer was kind of like that too!!
    Enjoyed your photo tour today!
    Deb

2. I am so happy you are back. Everything about the photos are stunningly beautiful.

3. First of all WELCOME BACK!! I’ve missed you so! we need to exchange emails or something because that was just too long of withdrawal..
    Secondly OH MY GOSH – every single picture was so stunning! and all your “props” were beyond perfect. I for once am at a loss for words. I think you’ve found your new career!
    And PTL for the kids and so sorry about your loss. I’m not sure how I made it this long without our banter ;) but I’m grateful you are ok. hugs!

Missed you too! Time seems to have passed by so quickly that I don’t realize that it really has been a long time! I will definitely have to get your email from you so we can chitchat more. Thank you so much for the well wishes and the hugs! I will catch up with you soon :-)

4. So good to see you back, Terry! I’ve been waiting with bated breath to see this photo shoot and wow, it did not disappoint. Your beautiful pieces complimented everything from the gorgeous setting to the stunning florals. Kudos to you for pulling off a gorgeous farmhouse table the night before the shoot – a testament to your talents! This post was definitely worth the wait :)

Thank you so much Marie! I had so much fun with this photo shoot. I wish all the furniture I had taken out had been chosen to be included in the final photos as they all look so beautiful! So many people came together to make this a success! I hope you have a great day!

5. Nice to see you’re back!
    Beautiful pictures -and, girl~
    you rock on the last minute table! Awesome job!

6. Terry this is stunningly beautiful and that doesn’t even cover just how gorgeous this is. Oh my goodness! You two make a great team! I promise I’m not over her to promote TFT but I sure would love it if you linked up with this post. The rich jewel tones with all the faded finishes is such a beautiful combination.

Love, love, love! I know! So cheesy. But I really am in awe of this!

Olivia

Olivia you are so sweet! Thank you so much for the high high compliment… And no it doesn’t sound cheesy;)
      I will be happy to start linking up to parties again, I am still a little busy but I promise I will come again! Thank you for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment I hope you have a fabulous day!

7. irisabbey says:

These are gorgeous photos. You and the team did a fabulous job. Of course the anniversary couple is charming.

8. Rebecca says:

What a beautiful wedding and gorgeous photography. And your beautiful furniture added the perfect elegance to all of it.

Thank you so much Larissa @prodigalpieces for tagging me in today's #trashure fun!  I don't know that this French chair was trash to begin with but it certainly did make its way into being a treasure indeed! This is my most recent makeover!💕#makeover #beautiful #statementpiece #upholstery #frenchchair There are 2 sides to everything and in this makeover too!  Velvety glam on the front and a modern statement in peacock feathers hugging the back!  Soooo pretty! 💕💕#thecuratorscollection #obsessed #sofine #soglam #feathers #velvet #statementpiece #beautiful #makeover #upholstery I am obsessed!! These (there are 2!) might just be the most luxurious chairs I have ever re upholstered! Gorgeous metallics mixed with luxurious fine velvets!  Wait till you see the backside of these chairs!  They will be delivered to their home tomorrow morning!  Can't wait!! #luxury #glamglow #makeover #upholstered #stunning #thecuratorscollection #soglam #sofine #obsessed Okay... here's a peek at the "during" of these two sweet chairs. They were  my client's Nana's chairs and it is my hope that Nana would be pleased with this makeover. #nanaschair #thecuratorscollection #makeover #upholstered #velvet #newlook #soglam #metallic So this is what has been keeping me busy these days... actually there are 2 of them! Without giving away what they look like now I thought I would share what the choices for fabric were first. My client chose the print for the backside and the velvet for the front side with exquisite soft pink velvet for the welting and the arms. I also gave the orange looking wood a glamorous look with some warm silver metallic paint. I hope to share with you soon! I don't want to share the reveal before the owner has had a chance to see them :). #thecuratorscollection #upholstered #makeover #velvet #soglam #mynanas Soooooo this is my current situation.... I'm on sewing machine number three in 2 days and a deadline nearing the end in 4 days! 😬 I SWEAR ITS NOT ME! Lol... hubby is trying to fix mine after bringing me home one from one of his co-worker's wife's ... how sweet is he? 💕huge shout out of gratitude to Mrs. Schafer for helping me in a pinch! 😘🌷#stressfulday #sewing #upholstery #deadlines #sweetpeople #thankyou #gratitude